Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My parents lived in Iran in the 1960s. They bought two pretty

Customer Question

My parents lived in Iran in the 1960s. They bought two pretty interesting swords/knives and three pots I would like to learn about. The first knife is about 18 inches long and has an animal head on the hilt of the sword and a scabbard. The second one is more like a simitar and has a hand-stitched leather case with slots for tiny knives which we also have.
The pots we have are all rounded on the bottom to fit into sand. There are three of them. One has been seriously cracked. One has some lovely fine line designs on it; the third one has a little spout.
Any idea where we can get values on these things? I can send you photos.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Generally experts only handle one item per question here. I personally do not assess these types of items, but thought I would extend the courtesy of a response. You may want to choose one item here as it could help. I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, Nora. We are really lost here and just don't know who to ask or where to start.