Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have, what I think, is just a print of Whistler's Mother

Customer Question

I have, what I think, is just a print of Whistler's Mother in an old frame that was hanging on a wall in a house my son bought. There is a little caption in the left hand lower corner of the print that looks like: pub by bobbin. The picture is a little wavy in the middle, beneath the glass and don't know if it's from being in the frame so long, but otherwise in good shape. Even if it is not authentic, would I be able to find a buyer for it? I am an amateur in this category.
Ethel Kolbe
Philipsburg, PA 16866
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature/small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora