Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

HAVE A 5 GAL. CROCK USED IN Quebec City. Canada by family

Customer Question

HAVE A 5 GAL. CROCK USED IN Quebec City. Canada by family over 150 years ago=think they had molasses in it as top opening is pourable size-has a blue leaf design on front of jug =near top reads E L xxxxxxx
5
IBERVILLE PQ
Would like to know if it has value=is 21 inches high and 41 inches around middle of jug.
Thank you =Richard xxxxx===email: dxxxxx
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer, My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Can you tell me if there is any kind of damage to the crock? Cracks, chips excessive crazing?Thanks,Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no damage.
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello Richard,I'd be happy to speak with you about the crock.Just so you have a written record, the crock at the Ebenezer . Lawrence. FARRAR POTTERY WORKS IBERVILLE circa 1880's. The 5 gallon crocks would have a retail antique shop value of around 275-325USD in excellent condition. Taking into account that cobalt color I would put the value towards the higher end of the value spectrum assuming it is in clean shape.
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Again I would be happy to further speak to you about the wood fired stoneware jug if you have any further questions.