Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Another two items. One is a marked tray with a porcelain

Customer Question

Another two items. One is a marked tray with a porcelain insert and a tin or metal rim. There are two, a large one and the smaller one. The smaller one is marked. I also have two mid-century modern prints from a contemporary of Turner, but can't remember
his name. Hopefully you can help with that--or someone can.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
Nora here again to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question.
If you would like to continue, I would be happy to help with the pair of zebra pictures.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
A complete image of the back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They aren't signed. I just can't remember the artist. I'm not willing to spend $38 or more to find out the artist--I will do some research. Thank you though. J
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about the trays. So far, I haven't received an answer on either piece. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot. J
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
There is a signature or printer name at the bottom left on a leaf on one of the pair of zebra pictures (right side one in photo).
How many trays are there and please post images here so that it is clear which item you are asking about.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already posted photos along with the print photos. At work right now until 9 pm. I didn't see the signature on the leaf, so that's awesome. The back of the small tray is signed, just can't read the signature. J
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
I am able to see 3 images here.
Please send more at your convenience.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have more. The first two are of the tray which is about 8" in diameter. The back is signed, I just can't read the signature, but I did photograph it. J
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
I am not able to make a match to the signature on the tray in the photo here.
Please let me know if you would prefer me to opt-out and open this question again to all the experts.
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you would please, I would appreciate it. J
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi~
Certainly.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora