Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old Ansley bone china set, but am missing some pieces.

Customer Question
It is cream and white...
I have an old Ansley bone china set, but am missing some pieces. It is cream and white with a gold band. I have no idea of the pattern name, and the # ***** to be different on all the pieces. I have 754522 on the saucer,4589 on the cup, 7341 on a platter, but they all match. I am going crazy trying to figure it out.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
7/6/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora