Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a very old, and ornate, silver(?) conch shaped,

Customer Question

Hello! I have a very old, and ornate, silver(?) conch shaped, sugar bowl, with 3 dolphin feet, and an arched handle that splits into 2 at the front, that has been handed down to me through our family, and that we can trace back to the 1800's. It is marked "Phillip Ashberry and sons" ( stamped in ornate capitals) with an unidentifiable mark - something like a chinese character, and the letter "N" and the number "32".- all marks are on the bottom of the rear foot.
Can you tell me if it could is real ( solid) silver, and genuine Phillip Ashberry?
Knd regards,
Pamela.
Australia
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Could you provide a picture of the mark and a picture of the sugar bowl? Thanks