Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I just brought home a rustic painting after my parents closed down the…

Customer Question
I just brought home a...
I just brought home a rustic painting after my parents closed down their lake home. It's a painting of 4 hanging pickeral fish and the name Frank Airey is at the bottom right. Could I send you a photo and could you tell me something about it? Thanks, Karin
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
7/2/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
It would be easier to send the photos from my ipad mini. Wha email should I use?
Hi, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
ok thanks, ***** ***** pics now
Great
I sent the pics to the***@******.*** last night. Did you receive them? Thanks, Kairn
Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images.
I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me.
Sincerely,
Nora
Do you expect them today? If the admin is not working and won't be forwarding my email from last night with the photos, I'd be tempted to just cancel. What do you think?
I do not know when images will arrive to me; there is not a set time for such.
The decision is entirely up to you.
~Nora
Sorry I wasn't able to send the images directly to you. At this point I'd like to just cancel. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Karin
Hi Karin,
I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.
I will not be able to respond back after sending in your request.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Ok, thanks.