Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an 'Antique Singer Sewing Machine' with Cabinet and…

Customer Question
I have an 'Antique Singer...
I have an 'Antique Singer Sewing Machine' with Cabinet and Drawers (non electric of course) it is at least 100 Years Old, how can I find out exactly Year it was made and Approximate Worth as I am looking to sell it. Thank you, Customer
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/30/2015
Antique Expert: Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer, My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Can you tell me the serial number on the sewing machine? Thank you,Frank
Morning Frank, I had something quite urgent come up yesterday, so sorry I was not about. Um where would the serial number be located at? The 'Machine' is tucked away with furniture around it so I will need to get someone to clear a path for me. Are there many old Singer Sewing Machines around and are they popular for collectors? (Just asking)
Regard's
Ms~Celtic
I will be able to get a nice 'Photo' of it once there is a clearing. I am in South New Jersey very close to 'Cape May', so hoping for a fair price.
Hello Ms Celtic.The serial number would be on the back of the machine itself. a photo would be great if possible, if not the serial number would be a big help. A catch 22 with these old singers is that they were built to last, which means there are quite a few of them around still. With that being said collectors are still looking for them, especially in tip top shape.