Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Did M.Moignez ever carve large wooden eagles?

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/30/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
There was a Jules Moigniez (that is the correct spelling and his first initial is J not M) of France (1835-1894) that was a bronze sculpture artist. He did do bronze sculptures of eagles, but not wood carvings. I do not think the French artist is the maker of piece you describe.Please add a photo of the carving/sculpture and a photo of the signature. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer. I think there will be visual clues that will lead us in the right direction.