Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I bought this pewter plate in a second hand store about

Customer Question
Hi, I bought this pewter...
Hi, I bought this pewter plate in a second hand store about 23 years ago, I thought it looked old. On the back of the pewter plate it has the initials R"R and two identical guild marks, crowned hammer with the letters FIN between the crown and hammer, and M and E on the sides of the handle of the hammer. The top of the plate has a raised border lip and decorative circles with a criss cross pattern through it, a half circle stamped under the circles and then smaller circles between the half circles with the same pattern. The inner part has a circle of what looks like U s in running writing and small circles inside that with no pattern. The centre of the plate has a coat of arms made of a simple crown of three flurs (three leaf thing) and two peaks with a ball on each. The base of the crown has two borders and small circles in that border.Below a leopard on the left and a chevron on the right and two diamonds top and bottom of the two crest. These are in a border witch have two turned ends and some leafy foliage coming down from these turned ends. I hope my description can help you to date my pewter plate.
Many thanks
Gabe
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/30/2015
Antique Expert: Wayne, Auctioneer replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Auctioneer
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today.
Can you post a photo of the front of the plate?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
No problem.
Can you post a clearer photo of the hallmarks?
Thanks,
I am doing some research.
Thanks,