Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Would you be able to tell me anything about the two purses…

Customer Question
Would you be able to...
Would you be able to tell me anything about the two purses I have? First one is red with a tags on the inside saying
"a lifestride handbag"
and a stamp on the inside bottom that says
"simulated leather 71293 020222"
Gold clasp type no zippers. With a flap type closer. The other is labeled as "a naturalized handbag" stamp on inside says
"Simulated leather 43047 731219"
It is like a cre***** *****te Brown color or darker tan and it opens from the top. It's shaped almost like a triangle and has suede patches of material on the front of the purse. Any help you could give me would be great. Thank you in advance
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/29/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi Donita,
Nora here again. I would be happy to help with your purses, however I only assess one item per question here.
If you would like to continue, please chose one and provide the dimensions and image of the interior and label.
~Nora