Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Ceramic or pottery bowl with circles on the inside bottom.

Customer Question
marked as nina no 7...
ceramic or pottery bowl with circles on the inside bottom. marked as nina no 7
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Thank you!
Certainly.
Antique ceramic bowl with insignia in bottom. Need appraisal.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
I am not able to decipher the impression stamp mark on the underside with these photos.
Perhaps, if you can try a pencil rubbing, it may show the letters better.
~Nora
Thanku. Will try that and send u picture
Great!
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for the new images.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
ok. great!
Relist: Other.
They said they would hand it off to another expert but it has been two days and haven't had any correspondence ant all
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Hello,We only do one item per question, so I would like to stick to the NINA bowl here in this answer. To be clear, I will need one more picture of the mark (light it from one side only and do not use a flash-this will cause a deep shadow in in the letters and allow them to be more easily read). I will also need a photo of the bowl so that I know that I am looking at the right item. (This is why we only do one item per question because it can get confusing).
ok. thankyou. will do soon
Great, thank you.