Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Louis Phillip bookcase rosewood with three shelves

Customer Question

I have a Louis Phillip bookcase rosewood with three shelves probably 2 are missing. acquired in 1986 when lived in Taos NM. was originally in famous Russian painter Leon Gaspards collection and still has a french shipping label on side that says Gaspard in the label in antique calligraphy style. right front leg must had had some repair but beautiful job was done stain slightly different here hardly noticeable. Saw one online looking just like this in style selling at ebay for $3800. in 1987 was appraised by Santa Fe antique dealer at $6500. Need to determine value and where is the best place to market this to the right market, doors open and shut nicely and appears to be original glass at least wavy glass
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Could you provide a picture of the bookcase? Thanks