Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 2 plates my dad brought back from Japan after world…

Customer Question
I have 2 plates my...
I have 2 plates my dad brought back from Japan after world war 2 they have a stamped round emblem that reads Japanese Porcelianware. Decorated in Hong Kong ACF. Can you tell me what you think the value is Thank you Lynda Reilly
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/28/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi Lynda~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
I will get the picture to you by tomorrow June 29 th
Hi Lynda, That is fine - send over images at your convenience. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. Sincerely, Nora
Hi Nora - I have tried to attach the pictures, but I keep receiving a message that an unknown error has occurred. Is there an email address that I can send the pictures to? Thanks
Yes, you can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora