Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

The Book I have is Heartsease & Happy Days by by Clarkson-Publisher…

Customer Question
The Book I have...
The Book I have is Heartsease & Happy Days by by Clarkson-Publisher E. P. Dutton & companyof London.Copyright 1882. 47 pages & all Illustration are in excellent condition and the condition ..of hard cover is like nearly new . Edges of book are also in excellent condition.
Woud like to Know what you think the book is worth
thank you,
[ Ed Raley-]***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
My research indicates that the book Heartsease & Happy Days by L. Clarkson, publised by E.P.Dutton, etc., London, has a retail value of $500-550 assuming excellent condition.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris