Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

This is a numismatic question: During the 70 we collected…

Customer Question
This is a numismatic question: During...
This is a numismatic question:
During the 70 we collected the OFFicial Bicentennial Ingots of the Thirteen Original States
A total of 70 ingots (one ounce each of sterling silver) with cover stamped at 200 years after the original event.
We have the complete collection bound and in perfect condition.
Attaching picture link with 7 pictures:
http://imgur.com/b882uls,L92QZNP,50xsj0a,zmoyBtr,t0BZmqw,yzkuna9,Agw7731
Many thanks
Patricia Baxter
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/27/2015
Antique Expert: rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. In commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the AmericanRevolution, The Bicentennial Council of the thirteen original states presented official Bicentennial ingots. You have the complete series of 70 Bicentennial sterling silver (highest silver grade) ingots, each packaged in a postmarket envelope. The ingots were originally issued from 1973 to 1981 and sold via subscription. Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.The value will be in the range of 3,500-4,200$. Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

that's wonderful!

Now were do I find the right auction? Not in this area, I am sure. Should I send it somewhere?

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist. Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!