Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a lithograph with a line from a James Joyce novel "creator…

Customer Question
I have a lithograph with...
I have a lithograph with a line from a James Joyce novel "creator has created for his creatured ones a creation" then below it "O feonix/culprit! Ex nickylow malo come nickelmassed bonum"
The artwork appears to be an ancient map of Dublin in gold and brown tones with the number 3 laying on it's side in red.
/In pencile it is numbered 82/99 with "Tomal" then to the right the artist's signature of which I cannot make out.
I have had this piece and love it for over 25 years but am wondering if I need to insure as I have no value.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/27/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature and small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora