Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an fairly extensive collection of Capodimonte, Lladro,

Customer Question
Royal Dalton and other pieces...
I have an fairly extensive collection of Capodimonte, Lladro, Royal Dalton and other pieces in my collection with a legal theme. I have been collecting these figurines and other legal items for 35 years. I want to donate them to my law school, but I need to know the approximate value of them. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/26/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
The better idea in this case would be to have a local auction house sell your items giving the proceeds to the law school. Find an antiques auction that also has an online presence (invaluable.com and/or liveauctioneers.com). You can go on either of these websites and do searches by zip code, region so that you could find one nearest to you (pick the largest city near you for best prices at auction) . Once you find a local auction, you call them and say that you have a house full and need ahouse call. They will come to you and let you know what will do well in their auction (also a good way to get a free verbal appraisal). If you consign, they will take it away for you and handle everything. This will cost a 10-20% commission off of the check that they would send you/ or the school 14 to 45 days after the auction. You could also do the prep work now, but add instructions to give to a certain auction to sell in your will if you were wanting these items to be around for a while.
Thanks, ***** ***** want to donate it to the school. They will be displaying the collection in the Law Library.
Understood. We do one item (set/group) per question here. You would add pictures of the item and any marks or signatures by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.We do the one item per question to keep things organized and because there might be one item that stumps me and I would have the opportunity to open that one question to other experts without extra cost to you.Let's close this question by having you click the stars. If you'd like to have me begin with the porcelain figurines, starta new question with the one figurine photos and marks, and put 'forCustomeramp;#39; so that you could get me again.