Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old clay urn, looks more like an oblong bowl with…

Customer Question
I have an old clay...
I have an old clay urn, looks more like an oblong bowl with legs. I has markings on it that looks like either Chinese or Afghan. I received it over 30 years ago from a couple who had been living in Afghanistan for several years while the man was a Professor at the Kabul University. They brought the item home and did not want it anymore.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/26/2015
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.In order to value this bowl, I'll need to see an overall picture and a close-up of the markings. You can upload photos using the paperclip icon on the toolbar right above your reply box. If that won't work for you, let me know and I'll give you other options to send the photos.Sincerely,Jennifer