AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

Can you identifie the artist? And any info about?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.This painting, signed Sisley, done in 1922, is not by what is known as a "listed" artist. That is, there is no biographical or sales information for this artist, that I can locate, in any of the professional databases or resources.I do find occasional sales of still life and floral works with this signature, on sites like eBay and ShopGoodWill, usually selling for under $100. This would indicate a commercial/decorative painter working in the early to mid 20th century.Please let me know how I can help further.Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jennifer,
I was looking for more information on this artist. Unfortunately you have not provided with any information that I had already knew. What was the first name of this Sisley artist? When was he born/died,Respectfully
This is commercial art from the early 20th century, not fine art. There have been hundreds of thousands of commercial artists over the 20th century, and this artist, like many of them, is lost to history. I reviewed dozens of professional databases and printed resource materials, but unfortunately this artist was not notable enough to leave any other record.
I am sorry for any disappointment this might cause, but I can't create information where none exists. This is simply not what is known as a listed artist. Sincerely, Jennifer.