Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Are you able to give an estimate of value Bidefford

Customer Question
Are you able to give...
Are you able to give an estimate of value for Wedgewood Bidefford chins . The number on the back of the plates appears to say 9415
With the number 50 below 50
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
6/25/2015
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Can you tell me how many pieces you have and what they are?
There are 8 place settings of 7 pieces. 8 dinner plates, 8 soup cups or 2 handled bowls, with plates , 8 coffee cups with saucers and 8 butter plates
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
.
The Wedgwood Fine China has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
I am very please with the in depth response. It was very helpful
Hello
Thank you, if you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, you do so by clicking on the top star or face whichever you see. This is the only way we are compensated by the justanswer site. You can do so following this response.
Thank you
Glenda