Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My limoge is plain white with a plain gold trim. The mark…

Customer Question
My limoge is plain white...
My limoge is plain white with a plain gold trim. The mark in the back says Haviland France
Haviland & co. Limogea. Can you tell me anything about this style. I purchased this from a great Aunt estate. I beleive the dishes are from between 1914 and 1932. Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/24/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Hello,Please add a photo of the dishes and any marks on the bottom. Let me know their size and how many you have.You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put FORCustomerIN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advance for some patience.
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
I got the pictures this afternoon, thank you.The green mark is the maker's mark and dates to 1894-1931. The red mark is the decorator's mark that dates to 1889-1931. These marks fall within the timeline that you gave of 1914 to 1932 with this particular type of pattern with a glossy gold trim being more common in the late 1920's and early 30's. There are thousands of Haviland patterns, most of which did not have names at all and this is one of those.

I see that you have read my answer.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.