Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a unique Wm Guerrin & Co France Limoges, with a green

Customer Question

I have a unique Wm Guerrin & Co France Limoges, with a green "Mark 3". It is 9 1/2 inches in diameter and 7" tall. white with gold painting, like a porcelain basket on a simple and elegant base,,It comes apart top being attached to base by a long brass screw. How do I get it appraised? Any idea of a ballpark figure?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,This is a reticulated pedestal compote (in porcelain terms) made by Guerin and Co of Limoges, France. This type of compote was made by American, German (Schumann, Meissen, Dresden) and French (Limoges) companies circa 1900-1932. The long screw and bolt holding the pieces together is common. This one isn't as highly decorated as some others, probably so that it would fit seamlessly with a dinner service of white china and gold details. This piece has a value of $90.00 to 120.00.