Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have what I believe is an antique trestle table with a copper…

Customer Question
I have what I believe...
I have what I believe is an antique trestle table with a copper or bronze top. I need to know about getting it appraised. I am having to relocate to a retirement area and can not take it with me but don't want to foolishly sell it without information.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/24/2015
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
.
.
.
.
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
Hello
The picture that came with the question originally is only a picture of a book case or shelving with some items on it.
I see that your table is what I thought was the top shelve of this shelving. I am not sure what the rest of this table looks like, can you send a picture that shows only the table so I can see it in full.
Hopefully these are better - I included 2 that show the top of the table so you could see the metal work. Let me know if these work or not. Thanks
Bev Dorsey
IMG_20150625_103324.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20150625_103332.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20150625_103355.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20150625_103409.jpgIMG_201...jpg
Hello
I will see what I can find, I have never seen a table like this. I have not seen a table that raises up and down like this.
I never go any answer and you took my money - I do not believe that : "25 June 2015 02:45
Glenda B. Glenda B.
Antique Expert
Hello
I will see what I can find, I have never seen a table like this. I have not seen a table that raises up and down like this." constitutes an answer or justification for taking my money. Please respondd
Hello
I have been doing research on this table, which can take some time, since what you have is not the common antique seen every day. I have searched numerous books, talked to several other appraisers, checked online sites, auctions and more to see if anyone has seen a table like this. I have not found anything!
Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.
If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.
I am going to opt out of this, maybe someone will know just what you have that comes to the site to answer also.
Glenda
This is the response from my previous expert: "I have been doing research on this table, which can take some time, since what you have is not the common antique seen every day. I have searched numerous books, talked to several other appraisers, checked online sites, auctions and more to see if anyone has seen a table like this. I have not found anything!Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.I am going to opt out of this, maybe someone will know just what you have that comes to the site to answer also."As you can see she is not able to help me. I have paid my fee and would like to know a timeline for any information if you can provide it. Thank you