Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a wooden propeller which is 100" tip to tip with engravings…

Customer Question
I have a wooden propeller...
I have a wooden propeller which is 100" tip to tip with engravings SC31408 which I believe was used on a Curtiss JN4 'Jenny' Biplane aircraft. I also believe it may of been manufactured in the 1920's. Can you give me more information and a value for this item.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/24/2015
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help! An original today will command about $1,500 to $2,000 with collectors, and replica models are made that retail from $300 to $500 (like these: http://www.tailwinds.com/curtiss-jenny-wood-propeller.html?gclid=CKr7wtDrqMYCFdcRgQod7HYAdQ). I have found they sell best by posting on vintage aviation forums such as http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=16 --and that site can also generally provide you with a great deal of information on what you have as well. If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve
PS Your prop was for US Army Air Corps Signal Corps with that marking...see http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/197227-wwi-curtiss-jn-4-jenny-propeller/