Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would appreciate any information I can get on this ginger…

Customer Question
I would appreciate any information...
I would appreciate any information I can get on this ginger jar. The background color is black with butterflies, flowers, and vegetables. The finish does not feel like smooth porcelain but rather has a more textured feel. It is large - 8.0" diameter x
8.5" tall (with the lid) and weighs 2 pounds, 13 ounces. Any help is great.....age? type of ginger jar? Chinese? Japanese? Approximate value?.....Thank you very much.....
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
DSCN9209.JPGDSCN9209.JPGDSCN9208.JPGDSCN9208.JPGDSCN9211.JPGDSCN9211.JPGDSCN9216.JPGDSCN9216.JPGDSCN9218.JPGDSCN9218.JPG
6/23/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
This is a 20th century Chinese famille noir enamel ginger jar with pseudo Qianlong dynasty mark. You can see that the mark was stamped and not hand painted and that is the tell tale sign of a fake or pseudo mark and these marks were very commonly reproduced this way from the 50's until now. This piece has a value of 30.00 us dollars.