Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an oil painting by Stefeno Sideris and I want to sell…

Customer Question
I have an oil painting...
I have an oil painting by Stefeno Sideris and I want to sell it. 56" x 46"
It look like it could be FALL os the season paintings.
Thank you
Marriane Bruno
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/23/2015
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hi Marriane,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Sideris painting.Could you very kindly provide a photo of it, and of the frame, and a close-up of the signature.Many thanks and wait to hear.Robert PS Here's a really easy way to attach photos.Just three clicks and a copy and paste and you are done:Go to http://www.imgur.com/(no need to 'log in' or 'register' it makes it too complicated)Click on "Upload Images"Click on "Browse Your Computer"Select the pictures you want to send me from the box that pops up.Hit "open".Click on "Start Upload" (and wait few seconds pictures to load)And then copy the link they give you. It will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx and it's located right under where it says Image Linkand paste it here where you are typing to me.(If you have uploaded multiple photos on one Imgur.com link, copy the URL in the browser bar at the top of your screen, otherwise I get just one photo).
Ok I will do that now...I figured you would need a photo....Thank you very much!
No rush! I'll be here whenever you're ready.Many thanks.
I click upload images and nothing happens
ok I am trying to send by adding them directly ...I hope it works.
SAM_0722.JPGSAM_0722.JPGSAM_0723.JPGSAM_0723.JPGSAM_0725.JPGSAM_0725.JPGSAM_0726.JPGSAM_0726.JPGSAM_0727.JPGSAM_0727.JPGSAM_0728.JPGSAM_0728.JPG
Thanks so much for the photos, that's exactly what I needed to see.I like this painting! It has a wonderfully ethereal quality. It reminds me of the great rococo French painter, Jean Antoine Watteau, but with more color!This Greek born artist Stephano Sideris (1921-1978) deserves to be better known and more sought after than he is. He was a talented draftsman and colorist and with a distinctive style that is completely pleasing. Unfortunately, despite critical acclaim throughout his life, he never seemed to gain any traction with collectors outside Athens and later New Jersey where he lived and worked.This is a big canvas and because of the presence of distant water, a more desirable subject matter than most. Going by recent sales records for his work, if you were to sell at a good auction house, this piece would fetch in the range of $400 - $600.It therefore has a full retail or gallery price of $1200 for insurance purposes.I do hope this helps!Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with this, I would be glad to.Best wishes,Robert
Thank you so much. Sorry it to a bit to reply I was having technical difficulty on my end opening the response. I am wondering if it is better to try to sell it in Athens or New Jersey and how to do that. ?
No worries about the delayed response, I'm here all week!Best to sell at a good local antique auction house.Let me know your zip and I'll see what options there are near you.
my zip is 33019 I think there is a good auction house in Dania beach not far from me...Thank you so much Robert
Thanks for the zip. You actually have quite a few options near you.Here are three that come recommended: (1) Abercrombie Auctions611 Phippen-Waiters Rd.Suite 104Dania Beach, FL 33004http://www.abercrombieauctionsinternational.com (2) Masters Fine Art4350 Oakes Rd515Davie, FL 33314http://mastersfineartllc.com/ (3) Antique Place.201 Ansin BlvdHallandale, FL 33009http://www.antique-place.com