Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a large print dated 1914. ( 39" x 27 ). The artist is…

Customer Question
I have a large print...
I have a large print dated 1914. ( 39" x 27 ). The artist is Lucien Gautier. I know it is legitimate as it has a raised seal ( watermark ? )at the bottom saying # ***** The title of the print is The Cathedral. A bombed church which coincides with the beginning of WW1; a pen and ink with text in French. How it came into my possession and why is most interesting. I would love to know more as I have researched the artist on line / seen his work but can not find this particular piece. And there is a signature at the bottom with the artist's name in pencil. Can you help ? Thank you. ***** / NYC
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/23/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Hello,Please add a photo of the piece and close up pictures of the writing on the piece. One picture of anything on the back would also be helpful. Please do not use a flash. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button. This works best on a desktop computer.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
my home phone is(###) ###-#### cell # *****(###) ###-####
If you are unable to use the file service here, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.