Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a large print dated 1914. ( 39" x 27 ). The artist is

Customer Question

I have a large print dated 1914. ( 39" x 27 ). The artist is Lucien Gautier. I know it is legitimate as it has a raised seal ( watermark ? )at the bottom saying # ***** The title of the print is The Cathedral. A bombed church which coincides with the beginning of WW1; a pen and ink with text in French. How it came into my possession and why is most interesting. I would love to know more as I have researched the artist on line / seen his work but can not find this particular piece. And there is a signature at the bottom with the artist's name in pencil. Can you help ? Thank you. ***** / NYC
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Please add a photo of the piece and close up pictures of the writing on the piece. One picture of anything on the back would also be helpful. Please do not use a flash. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button. This works best on a desktop computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my home phone is(###) ###-#### cell # *****(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
If you are unable to use the file service here, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.