Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Clarice Cliff collection, it was bought in the US…

Customer Question
I have a Clarice Cliff...
I have a Clarice Cliff collection, it was bought in the US around 1930's registration # ***** It has her stamp. The plates and bowls are very thin. It is a picture of a woman walking on a country road with trees and mountains surrounding the middle portion of the plate. There are ducks walking ahead of the woman. The image is in the middle, colors (green pink, white, brown, and yellow. The colors are all soft. The woman is wearing a purple long dress. She is also holding something. My mother-law brought the set in the early 1930's.
I wanted to know is there any value.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/22/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
There is one photo attached here.
Please send one of the backside & marks at your convenience.
~Nora