Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 2 heavy 3 pound 10" rough cast brass candlesticks that I would like to know in…

Customer Question
I have 2 heavy 3...
I have 2 heavy 3 pound 10" rough cast brass candlesticks that I would like to know information about - age and value - showing polished and unpolished.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/21/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more well-lit clear photos of this pair as well as a clear view of the underside.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Hi Josie,
Thank you for the images.
Are there any marks on these? And are those glass inserts at the top in the new set of photos?
~Nora

There are no marks on these pieces. I inserted a small shot glass to give an idea of the width of the mouth on the pieces. These pieces are totally hollow and very rough on the inside.

Thank you for your response.

Hi Josie,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora