Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a complete 6 Piece carved Joerns bedroom set manufactured

Customer Question

I have a complete 6 Piece carved Joerns bedroom set manufactured in Stevens Point. It is in very good shape considering the age. It has had gentle use by the original owners since 1954 who has passed away. This set has never been in storage, in a basement, or below room temperature. All top surfaces have had glass tops since day 1. One major issue is the tall dresser has water damage on top front from watered plant run off under the glass over the years. The wood surface is still in tact but some staining. There is some edge damage on the side rails of the bed, and some legs have signs of finish wear, original hardware with one minor mismatch of a handle. Cast handles have two attachment points. What would be a price range for this set?
c/o
Tall dresser with cedar storage on bottom drawer, wide dresser with wood carved mirror, Dressing table desk with 3 drawers on each side. matching dressing table chair. Small night stand approximately 18 inches square. The head board is carved and rounded around the bed edges. Head and foot board are carved. I need an estimated value to fairly distribute internally within a family estate.
Tom Reindl ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
Will no longer works on this site. I you do not object to my taking this question.
What size is the bed in your set?
Please send some photos.
To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link you see on your reply page.
If it is not there then you may use the free internet photo site
imgur.com. Use the following instructions:
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
a. Click "Computer"
b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send
c. Click open on the file
d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page.
Click on it
e. Your image will appear on the screen
f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link
to the right on the imgur page
g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just Answer
Kind regards,
Doris