Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Silver hallmarks, maker with Mh&Co, can you identify. Marks…

Customer Question
Silver hallmarks, maker with Mh&Co...
Silver hallmarks, maker with Mh&Co, can you identify. Marks from 5 piece Louis Philippe, Crown maybe Sheffield mark, Queen Victoria, eng Lion,
Tea service
Thank you
Adele ward
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/19/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
This is the mark of Martin Hall and Co of Sheffield, England in the late 1850's. I would need to see a close up of the marks and of the set to tell you if it is silver plate or sterling because they made both.