Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

STEVE, ANTIQUES I have 6 tiny little cordials, hand-painted,

Customer Question
crystal 3.5" tall and 1.75"...
STEVE, ANTIQUES I have 6 tiny little cordials, hand-painted, crystal 3.5" tall and 1.75" wide at opening. And also have 2 square, footed compote-type glass bowls, 6" tall by 4"x4" and the second is 5.5" tall, 3.25" x 3.25" square. Want to also sell these
and wondered if you could give me an idea of value. I can email the photos to the [email protected] address if you don't mind. Let me know - Thank you, Kathy
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 2 days by:
6/22/2015
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Thank you so much for asking for me--and my apology for the delay in response. Please send the images at your convenience and I will do all I can to help!
With kind regards,
Steve
Hello again! Your cordials are Venician glass, circa 1920s era, with over enamel and gilt. They retail around $18-25 each today. The wine is probably a sherbet, honestly, and ground glass, probably American, 1st or 2nd quarter, 20th century--and about $20-30 each. The compote is frosted pressed glass and mid to later 20th century--the least valuable type, honestly--probably $25-40 in most markets. If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve
HI, Steve:Here's a couple more items. For some reason, I am unable to attach photos from the apple computer at home which causes me to go through the [email protected] email. Hope that's okay. So, I was looking at the footed composts, and what I think they really might be are two different size candy dishes; have both. What I saw looking more closely was that the feet are bear claws. Does that change your idea of what they are at all?For this email I am sending you 3 perfume containers. I left them dirty, they way my mom gave them to me because the glass sticks on the inside are still in tack and wanted to keep them save. I see from one of them that my mom must have at some point wrapped the stick gently in tissue as i can see the tiny piece of tissue at the bottom. This also was left to her by her great aunt. What's your best guess? Couldn't find markings.thank you,
kathy