Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Re: ***** ***** Lithographs of Middle East

Customer Question

Re: ***** ***** Lithographs of Middle East in the 1600's
I have 19 of his prints that I bought in Jerusalem in the 70's. I have three large prints:
1) The Silk Merchants Bazaar, 2) A Modern Mansion in Cairo and 3) Mt. Tabor on half the page and a text describing it on the rest of the page. I also have six half-page prints and 10 or 11 small prints. Most of them are colored (soft colors) and they're in good condition.
Do you know how I can have these authenticated? I believe the larger prints are valuable, but, I'm not sure about the smaller ones. I did see the leather-bound volumes from which the large prints were removed.
Nanette XXXXXX XXX XXX XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your ***** ***** prints.It sounds like what you have may indeed be valuable if they are the original prints rather than photolithographic copies. I should be able to tell which you have if you could attach clear photos.Let's start with images of the three large ones you mention, I'll appraise those for you in this question, if that suits, the rest we can leave to follow up questions or I can give you a ball park figure for them.Also, if you could tell me the exact dimensions of the image size (not including the white border), that would help too.Many thanks and wait to hear.Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I didn't see your response. I'll have to measure the prints and take a photo. So, will have to get back to you. It may be next week because I have to figure out how to transfer photos from my phone to an email. Thanks for responding. Nanette Ouellet
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nanette,
Next week is no problem. I'll be here whenever you are ready.
If you'd like some tips on how to get your photos to me, I would be glad to help. The best way, once you have them in your computer, is to upload them to a free public picture hosting site like www.imgur.com and then give me the link.
Many thanks,
Robert