Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have my Mother's old treadle sewing machine which she

Customer Question
purchased in Nov. 1914. It...
I have my Mother's old treadle sewing machine which she purchased in Nov. 1914. It is a Michigan Farmer model and she was still using up to 1982 when she passed away. I have a new belt for it. How much should I ask for it to sell it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 3 days by:
6/22/2015
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
.
.
.
.
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
I'm sorry I have been so long replying to your request, but I'm having a problem with my camera to get pictures to you. When I can get my niece here to help me I will send the pics to you. Hope I'm not causing you too much trouble.
Thanks for your assistance.
Lorraine
Glenda,
I'm sorry to be so long in answering you, but I'm having a problem with my camera and am waiting for my niece to come help me with it. I hope it doesn't cause you much problem.
Lorraine
Lorraine
No, no problem at all. I will be here.
Glenda
My niece came over and got some good pictures of my antique sewing machine and music cabinet, but she couldn't figure out how to send them on my computer. Would you be able to send her your email address so she can send them from her computer? Or do you have a different suggestion .Her email address is:***@******.***
Lorraine
Hello
.
.
.
.