Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Ihave a tapestry picture inn fram of colone cathedral

Customer Question
ihave a tapestry...
ihave a tapestry picture inn fram of colone cathedral on the rhine inn germany it measures 71 ins long 30 ins wide whats it worth
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
NORA NOTHING ON IT I GOT THIS FROM A FURNITURE THAT WAS CLOSING FOR £25 THAT WAS 50YRS AGO YES I HAVE HAD IT 50YRS IT MAY NOT WORTH MUCH JUST THOUGHT I WOULD FIND OUT IT MAY BE WORTH TO A WEALTHY GERMAN TO ***** HIS HOUSE
Thanks for checking.
Please send images at your convenience.
~Nora