Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a John Gould and H.C. Richter bird print entitled Mareca…

Customer Question
I have a John Gould...
I have a John Gould and H.C. Richter bird print entitled Mareca Punctata measuring approx. 373 x 554mm. Full lettering on the bottom of the print reads left to right "J. Gould & H.C Richter, del et lith. Mareca Punctata: Cuv, Hullmandel &Walton, Imp." It has been framed and is in fine condition. How do I know if this is an original or a copy in the 1940's? It is framed and in perfect condition. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size of this print?
At your convenience, please send more clear, in-focus photos.
A complete image of the print, a clear in-focus close-up of all of the small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur