Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

My niece bought a 1910 house that had a "box" on either side

Customer Question

My niece bought a 1910 house that had a "box" on either side of a bedroom door that opened from the front and attached from the baseboard up about 24 inches of fancy cherry support. The box is about 6" by 10". Very nice but what could it be?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sent 3 pictures. Hope I did it okay
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to these for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,This is not something that is normally seen in a home of any age. These pieces are parts of a sideboard/buffet from the 1920's/30's. The piece of furniture was cut up (this was during the Depression, after all) and re-purposed as catch-all shelves on the inside of the room.