Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

STEVE: is this lamp an antique? It's in good shape but I have

Customer Question

STEVE: is this lamp an antique? It's in good shape but I have another green shade I actually glued together; did u just cringed scowl? lol Plus I have a pink shade that has the chain to hang it and is quite old.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking for me! Unfortunately I do not see an image or a link to one--could you try to attach one, please? Any maker marks (check the light swith, socket, cord end, etc.)...and I NEVER scowl on Friday! <grin> With kind regards,Steve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll check switch this evening. TY

Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Hey, that's a NICE slag glass lamp! Looks original--circa 1920's...not a Pairpoint, sorry---but when you get home, check under the globe as well on the supports as they are often marked (very small) in block stampings, not easy to see...and advise if the light socket is bakelite, porcelain, brass or aluminum--all keys to what era it is! With kind regards,Steve