Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

STEVE: is this lamp an antique? It's in good shape but I have…

Customer Question
STEVE: is this lamp an...
STEVE: is this lamp an antique? It's in good shape but I have another green shade I actually glued together; did u just cringed scowl? lol Plus I have a pink shade that has the chain to hang it and is quite old.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
6/19/2015
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hi, and thank you for asking for me! Unfortunately I do not see an image or a link to one--could you try to attach one, please? Any maker marks (check the light swith, socket, cord end, etc.)...and I NEVER scowl on Friday! <grin> With kind regards,Steve

I'll check switch this evening. TY

Hey, that's a NICE slag glass lamp! Looks original--circa 1920's...not a Pairpoint, sorry---but when you get home, check under the globe as well on the supports as they are often marked (very small) in block stampings, not easy to see...and advise if the light socket is bakelite, porcelain, brass or aluminum--all keys to what era it is! With kind regards,Steve