Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a large collection of Bohem porcelain approximately

Customer Question
20 pcs. The...
I have a large collection of Bohem porcelain approximately 20 pcs. The largest a white owl Snowy.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/17/2015
Antique Expert: Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to assist you today. Most of these fine ceramics retail today, if in flawless condition, from $450 to $950 each pending demand. If you have the original boxes and documents, they can command close to full guide value--with that many, you may wish to consult a current guide such as Kovel's to determine market fair value on each one (http://www.kovels.com/price-guide/pottery-porcelain-price-guide/boehm.html) or check the concluded sales section of a site like eBay to see how they are trending.
Most porcelains such as this have fallen a bit along with the entire collectible economy, unfortunately, so values are heavily influenced by how many are on the market at any given time and of course, consumer demand.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve
This piece had retail price of $50000 . they sold for $25000 . Now its worth 350 to 950. ?
No, sorry, I made a general statement on the average retail of the more common smaller pieces...the large owl has a retail guide value today of $15,000 (which is still far below the issue price, I realize) but in all candor, I could find no concluded sale for one in that range in the past two years.
These fine figurines have fallen a bit out of favor, unfortunately, with collectors as their values did NOT increase over time as the manufacturer had suggested. Their fall has not been as dramatic as with things like Beanie Babies, but trends honestly do not look good for these even in the future--I am sorry to be the one to have to advise you of this, and can only hope you understand.
With kind regards,
Steve
Can u give me some advice as where to sell I have 21 p s.
Hello again, and certainly--I do apologize for the delay as I was called out of town for a large estate evaluation. Your best market is clearly the internet, as that covers a wide expanse of collectors worldwide. eBay CAN work for you due to the massive exposure, but never list anything there without a comfortable starting bid or reserve price--most bidders these days wait until the very last second, causing prices to stay low. I would also suggest, due to the fragile nature of the goods, that you consider placing a free ad under Collectibles on your local Craigslist--you may have a collector in your area, and any way to avoid shipment is a good way. The last option would be to consider placing them on consignment in a local upscale collectibles or antique shop, or perhaps try for an inclusion in a local upscale estate sale or auction--but again, I urge you to always place a reserve. There are several forums as well that you could try, such as http://crompondcountrystore.com/acsboehm.html you could post them to. If I may do ANYTHING at all further to help in any manner at all, PLEASE just ask--and I hope you have a blessed weekend! With kind regards, Steve
Steven-R
Steven-R