How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There,Looking to date an old Koken chair

Customer Question

Hi there, Looking to date an old Koken chair on which I'm doing a restoration. Thanks. Wayne DeBord XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ObjectsConservator1 replied 2 years ago.
Can you attach images of the chair, manufacturer's plate and any other markings? That will help. You can use the paper clip icon in your reply box to attach photos.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

I have several photos, both assembled, and of its various components. Tried to attach them all, but the paperclip icon wouldn't allow me to attach any. Don't know why; they're standard .jpg files. Any ideas?

Additional info: all the chair's components have now been nickel plated, and the upholstery is in the leather shop as we speak. There's no manufacturer's plate that I've seen, only "Koken" on the footrest, and a stamped number (P5086) on the plate that houses the fluid filler cap. Let me know whether you need anything further (or if you know how I can send you the photos). Thanks.

Best regards,

Wayne DeBord

Expert:  ObjectsConservator1 replied 2 years ago.
You can contact JA Help for assistance in attaching photos. Please let them know that you're having difficulty in doing that.
I'm opting out so another expert can take your question.