Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Antique illustrated leather bound 1st edition? of Shakespeare's…

Customer Question
Antique illustrated leather bound 1st...
Antique illustrated leather bound 1st edition? of Shakespeare's Complete Works, 1854. Cover page says: The Works of William Shakespeare comprising his dramatic and poetical works, complete; accurately printed from the text of the corrected copy left by the late George Stevens, Esq. with a glossary and notes and a memoir by Alexander Chalmers, A.M. with steel illustrations. Complete in one volume. Boston: *****, *****pson and Company. 1854. I am not an expert on antique book terminology so I'll just describe as accurately as possible and provide detailed photos. This is a beautiful book that, to me for its age, is in great condition. The inside pages are perfect (no defects, i.e. rips, etc) but as with age is yellowed and has some yellowed spots. The cover page is signed by its original owner. The edges are worn and the spine has come loose on the back side and is starting to do the same on the front though it hasn't come apart. Please pay close attention to photos and if you would like more photos, I'm happy to provide. Seems, for its age to be in very good condition overall. As an interior designer, I love the aged character and have to say that it's especially beautiful on the shelf.
I have pictures if you'd like to see them. Can you give me an approximate value?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/16/2015
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !

Click the link: for instructions on uploading images

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.
.
.
.
.

This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.

http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...

.

Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.

.

.

Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.

Glenda