Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I recently purchased an old copper sulky driver and horse weathervane.

Customer Question
It is on a homade...
I recently purchased an old copper sulky driver and horse weathervane. It is on a homade stand along with a N E S W all made out of copper. How can I determine it's age and worth? Also the reins have come loose from the hands and a few spokes need reattached. Is it better to fix this or leave it in its current condition? Thank you for your assistance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/14/2015
Antique Expert: Wayne, Auctioneer replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Auctioneer
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today. This is a vintage weather vane circa 1950. This not an antique. The antique weathervane's are much more detailed than this and can sell as high as $20k. This as very nice and in demand, it would sell for $300-500 at auction. This style weather vane is still being made today. If you fix this it will not hurt the value.
Thank you,
Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,