Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a set of gold cake type forks with black engraving in…

Customer Question
I have a set of...
I have a set of gold cake type forks with black engraving in a very old red box with Asian writing. Would like a date and value please.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/14/2015
Antique Expert: Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Your vintage 1960's cake forks would have been produced in Siam and are composed of bronze.
The inlaid forks would have a current retail value of 45-55AUD.
If there are any dents, dints or damage to the forks or the packaging, this would detract from the resale value.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Best of luck with your vintage flatware.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.