Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Need to know the price of a dining room set, table, 6 chairs…

Customer Question
Need to know the price...
Need to know the price of a dining room set, table, 6 chairs with two seperate
Piece's one long and one that sits on top which is less wide but tall. All pieces look
To be hand carved, multiple design work. I was told it was made in New York and
Shipped around the horn in the late 1890's by my grandparents to there home in
Berkeley Ca. I can forward pictures if needed. I am wanting to sell it all because
We are moving and it won't fit in where we are going.
W.K.Van Bokkelen ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/13/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
Please send the dimensions and photos of your set.
To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link you see on your reply page.
If it is not there then you may use the free internet photo site
imgur.com. Use the following instructions:
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
a. Click "Computer"
b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send
c. Click open on the file
d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page.
Click on it
e. Your image will appear on the screen
f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link
to the right on the imgur page
g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just Answer
Kind regards,
Doris
the photos are on my phone do you have an e-mail i can send them to
Please send your photos the email method.
This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:
Send the picture to,***@******.***,
In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with
just answer, so they can verify who you are.
This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer
techs who must forward them to me.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.
Kind regards,
Doris