Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm curious. I have an original Carlos Lopez Ruiz that is 2'

Customer Question
wide by 4' tall (approx.)...
I'm curious. I have an original Carlos Lopez Ruiz that is 2' wide by 4' tall (approx.) in a gilt frame. It was given to us by a friend. It's of a woman from about the knees up. It is oil on board and appears to be in really great shape. Wonder if it has value.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/13/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Okay, I can send those pictures - I sent one with my original question. The painting is in a second home to which I will be returning Friday 6/19 so I can't take the pictures until probably the 20th I hope I won't incur further charges if I have to wait that long.
That is fine - send over images at your convenience.
If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.
Sincerely,
Nora