Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Lilac pairing from Doubleday estate

Customer Question
Lilac pairing from Doubleday estate
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/12/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 3 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I am not sure what your question is. Please elaborate.

Kind regards,

Doris

My mother has a big painting of lilacs that was obtained from the Doubleday estate in New York. Was wondering if you would be able to tell its value.

Thank you

Does it have a signature?

What are the dimensions not including the frame?

What is the medium - oil, watercolor...., etc.

May I have a photo of the painting?

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link you see on your reply page.

If it is not there then you may use the free internet photo site
imgur.com. Use the following instructions:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

a. Click "Computer"
b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send
c. Click open on the file
d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page.
Click on it
e. Your image will appear on the screen
f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link
to the right on the imgur page
g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just Answer

Kind regards,

Doris
I will check tomorrow when I go to my moms
Thank you.

Kind regards,

Doris