Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old painting by H E Jones. I can't find anything…

Customer Question
I have an old painting...
I have an old painting by H E Jones. I can't find anything on this artist and I have tried online experts who can't find anything either. I'm just trying once more to see if anyone can help me with this.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I would love to help. Please add a photo of the painting (straight on, not at an angle, no flash) and one of the signature. In this photo, the signature is covered by the date stamp. I would also like one picture of the back of the painting as there may be some visual clues there( like type of nails and canvas used).

You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer. I t may seem like the pictures are not attaching, but I will let you know if I don't get them and we can use another option.