Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some other collectibles as original

Customer Question
For Nora: I have some...
For Nora: I have some other collectibles as original Audubon's and several documents with famous signatures around the founding of our country. Do you have expertise in these areas? Let us start with framed octavo's of all seven of the cats in the Quadruped
collection --- Value?? If more details I need to check them at home. Also, in the Audubon category, I have an intact pamphlet (as they were originally published ) in octavo format of the Great Blue Heron.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Thank you for your request here.
I only assess one item or matched set per question.
If you would like to continue, please choose one and send me images.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Thank you -- I think I got mixed up in the mechanics. Since this is a pamphlet with several pages from 173 to 200 to be exact and includes 5 lithos of 4 different birds -- I can photograph the front and back cover of the pamphlet and the plates -- I am under the impression that the intact original pamphlet has considerable value based on that presentation as it was the original format that Audubon published in as a subscription -- then others put them into books as complete works. Will that be OK or do you need every page photographed??
Sorry I just now reviewed the email string and realized I was talking about a set of 7 quadrupeds/cats that I also have -- one at a time I understand -- so let us do the Birds of North America pamphlet first
I just need an image of the publisher page to start ;)
Thank you,
Nora