Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We acquired some 60 pieces of Limoges china with the name…

Customer Question
We acquired some 60 pieces...
We acquired some 60 pieces of Limoges china with the name Wm.Guerin @ Co. Limoges France. About how old is this pattern and an approximate price. Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
6/9/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Thank you for requesting me. I will need a photo of the pattern and the mark on the back. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button. It may seem like it isn't attaching, but I will let you know if I don't see the pictures.
I sent some pictures to the***@******.***. They were sent from my I phone(###) ###-####
I won't get those.
You need to send another email to***@******.*** and be sure to put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. I will likely get them in the morning if you send tonight.
I got your pictures this afternoon. Your set was made by William Guerin Limoges of Limoges, France between 1900-1932 when these two marks were used. The two marks means that the porcelain was made (green mark) AND decorated (red mark) by them. This company did not have pattern names for their porcelain and they did several different designs that had this classic gold verge on crisp white porcelain. This style is indicative of the 1915 to 1920 period. A set of porcelain from this company in this pattern/style has a value of 700-900 us dollars. The range is an allowance for whatever your assortment and quantity of different pieces is to equal the 90 pieces. For example, if you had 90 bread plates (wild example), it would be worth less than 12 dinner plates, 12 soup bowls, 12 bread plates, 12 salad plates, serving dishes and cups and saucers etc to equal 90 pieces.